To create a positive environment and provide resources to Filipino Canadian business owners, allowing them to prosper and progress by networking with the membership, local leaders and key business influencers.
Meet the next generation of Filipino business owners!
The Manitoba Filipino Business Council formally launched in November 2011 at the Player’s Golf Course with over 100 Filipino next-gen entrepreneurs, business owners and professionals in attendance. In addition to being a new group and voice for Filipino businesses in Manitoba, there was a heightened sense of excitement in the air.
MFBC is a great outlet to connect with other successful Filipino businesses and professionals. You can network in a positive environment within a group that’s focused on bettering our business community.
Our vision is creating and growing a community of leaders fostering professional growth, encouraging collaboration and leaving a legacy for future generations.
MFBC is the result of like-minded Filipino business owners and entrepreneurs interested in building, sustaining and extending their business relationships. The council currently represents business owners across a wide range of sectors such as technology, finance, healthcare, automotive, publishing and home services.
We build relationships that increase the member’s visibility, recognition and business growth. Together we cultivate professional development through networking and mentorship.
- Hosted the Canadian Chambers of Commerce of the Philippines delegates in Winnipeg
- Various meetings with local business groups discussing collaboration
- Attended state dinners in Toronto and Ottawa in honour the visiting President of the Philippines, Benigno Aquino III
- Conducted Strategic Planning Sessions for continued growth and a strong future
MFBC Proposed Strategic Initiatives 2016 – 2018
- Become a ‘Chamber of Commerce’
- Strengthen relationships with various Filipino associations in Manitoba
- Build partnerships with other business networks
- Increase business within the members
- Achieve Fiscal Sustainability
- Be the voice of the business members
- Activate student participation
Creating strategic alliances and collaborationsare key to our success and sustainability.
- RBC Royal Bank of Canada
- Pullan Kammerloch Frohlinger (PKF) – Lawyers
- Filipino Journal
- Canadian Western Bank
- Vickar Automotive Group
- World Trade Centre Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- Networking among membership and local business leaders
- Monthly meetings
- Annual special events (Awards Gala)
- Community events
- Advertising perks for members (newspaper profile, website listing, newsletter event promotion, etc.)
MFBC has given back to the community through numerous fundraising events.
We have supported various local organizations:
- Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Kidney Foundation of Manitoba
- Winnipeg Harvest
- Local Filipino Organizations
**Also the Board approved in January 2016 meeting that MFBC will support the Children’s Wish Foundation of Manitoba**